We collect certain information about you
We use the data we collect to provide you with a better experience and suggest services
We might share your data with partners to enhance your experience or provide services (or when required by law)
This Policy applies when you do any of the following (any such action “Visiting”):
- Visit our website, getdashenergy.com (the “Site”) or branded social media pages;
- Sign up for services or create an account (“Account”);
- Use our products and services (“Services”); and
- Communicate with us such as through our web portal, emails, phone calls, texts, and social media.
If you provide us with the Personal Information of other individuals, you represent that you have the authority and consent (if required) to do so. You also acknowledge that such Personal Information may be used in accordance with this Policy. If you believe that your Personal Information has been provided to us improperly, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect. We collect information about you in the following ways:
- Information You Give Us. In the past 12 months, we have collected the following types of information: contact details such as name, postal address, email address, account name/username, and phone number. We also collect information that you provide to us when you sign up to buy electricity and use our Services such as billing information, , electric account and meter information, current utility information, energy usage, and other information relevant to services and online experience.
Your communications with us may be recorded and monitored for purposes such as quality control, analytics, and to protect us in the event of a legal dispute. You will be informed at the outset of a call that it may be recorded for these purposes, and by continuing with the call you consent to such recordings.
- Information Collected from Others. We may receive information about you from customers that use our products and services, such as your contact details, electric account and meter information, current utility information, energy usage, and other information relevant to providing electricity and/or gas to you. We may obtain information from third parties from which we purchase Personal Information and from publicly available information.
Some browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” features. Most of these features, when turned on, send a signal or preference to the website or online service that a user visits, indicating that the user does not wish to be tracked. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret Do Not Track signals, we do not currently respond to those signals. For more information regarding Do Not Track mechanisms, see http://allaboutdnt.com/.
How Information is Used. We use and share the information we collect from you and information we collect about you from others to:
- provide the Services you request, including confirmations and technical support;
- create, manage, and service your Account;
- respond to your inquiries;
- tell you about products and services that may be of interest to you;
- analyze the use of our Site and our Services;
- develop new products and services and improve our existing Services;
- understand how you arrived at the Site;
- manage the Site and any Services;
- enforce the terms of this Policy;
- detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal or a threat to safety;
- assist law enforcement and comply with legal requirements; and
- other instances where we obtain your consent.
Information Disclosed to Vendors, Partners, Service Providers, and Others for Business Purposes. We may disclose information about you, including Personal Information, to vendors, contractors, or business partners that work with us to communicate with you in connection with and to provide services related to the Site and our Services. When you sign up with us, we will share your information with our energy supplier partners, who will help activate your new plan with your utility. The types of information we may disclose to others include:
Your name, username, postal address, email address, account name, IP address, MAC address, and phone number
Your electric account and meter information and current utility information
Your credit card information and billing address