How To Choose Your Energy Provider
Yeap, You’ll Want To Read This.
What if you could pick your energy provider just like you can choose your phone carrier?
In some states, you can.
If you live in one of the 30 states with a deregulated energy market, you can decide which utility company supplies your electricity, gas, or both. Choosing your energy provider is one of the most effective ways to lower your electricity bill, pick a plan that best suits your needs, and even reduce your carbon footprint.
But why make the switch?
Choosing your energy provider can feel as personal as your reasons for making the switch. Here’s why you might be looking to jump ship from your current provider:
- You’re on a mission to reduce your carbon footprint and make sustainable swaps in all areas of life.
- You’re looking to cut costs and want to save money on your monthly energy bill.
- Your lifestyle has changed, and you need a plan that matches your energy use patterns.
- You’re looking to streamline your decision and monthly costs with a fixed-rate energy plan.
- Your provider has disappointed you in the past and you’re looking for something new.
Here’s what you’ll need to consider.
Here are some of the most important things to consider when researching energy providers:
- Look for a provider that is licensed to serve within your state and has a well-established history and reputation of great customer service. Pay attention to the fine details of a plan to avoid deceptive marketing.
- Research and find rates that best fit your lifestyle. If your bill varies from month to month, a fixed-rate energy plan allows you to lock in a stable energy supply rate. With a variable rate plan, your rate per kilowatt hour can change depending on the market.
- Consider what length of a plan you’re looking for. Whether you choose a short- or long-term plan depends on your appetite for risk and interest in trying out other options.
Sounds confusing, right? Don’t worry: Dash can help.
Ready to make the switch? Get started here.
Share this story